…Vegan strawberry ice cream!
This article is part of the Strawberriad Trilogy.
3. Vegan strawberry icecream
NOW we’re talking.
We proceed, to begin with, like the vegan strawberry milkshake previously mentioned.
As I said,
You take half an avocado, about 7 strawberries (the idea is to about double the volume of avocado in strawberries), 3 teaspoons of brown sugar (I got tired of honey), half a lemon’s juice and a few drops of vanilla essence. Liquidize.
Don’t add water though! Keep it like that.
Now, place this in the freezer in a container that won’t break as the mixture freezes and expands.
There are two methods to make icecream from this: the lazy way and the quality way.
For the picture, and in order to realise that avocado and strawberry is a killer icecream combo, I just waited an hour or so – I was too lazy to count how long – then took it out, broke it up a bit, and tried to liquidize it.
I didn’t actually succeed to start with, on the second batch. The first batch I left less time and I DID succeed. The second though, I left to defrost for a while then liquidized it with the minipime. It was good – if a bit crystalline.
WikiHow explains how to do non-half-assed icecream:
1. Pour the ice cream mixture into a deep baking dish, or bowl made of plastic, stainless steel or something durable in the freezer.
2. Put it in the freezer for 45 minutes.
3. Check the mixture. When it starts to freeze at the edges, take it out and stir it vigorously with a spatula or whisk until all the ice crystals are broken up. If you can, use a whisk or a hand-held mixer.
4. Check and stir every 30 minutes until the mixture turns into ice cream. This might take 2-3 hours.
For me, actually, the half-assed method was pretty OK. I think maybe the next thing to do is to buy an icecream machine, which of course combined with the mixture I’ve given in this article will make healthy, additive-free vegan icecream incredibly easy.
If I can earn some money doing diet coaching I may well get one 😀
Check out Andrew’s other site, Lightworkers‘ Connection, if you consider yourself to be a highly conscious individual. You know there is more to life than meets the eye. You are not alone.